Clubs: FC Barcelona, Villarreal CF, Liverpool FC, SSC Napoli (loan)
• Although Madrid-born – and the son of Miguel Reina, a former goalkeeping great with Club Atlético de Madrid – he began his career in Catalonia with FC Barcelona and played in both UEFA Cup semi-final legs against Liverpool during his debut season in the first team, 2000/01.
• Left for Villarreal CF after struggling to displace Argentinian international Roberto Bonano at Barça and had three seasons with the Yellow Submarine, helping them to the UEFA Cup semi-finals in 2003/04.
• Joined Liverpool and was the penalty shoot-out hero in Liverpool's 2006 FA Cup final triumph over West Ham United FC; also saved two spot kicks against Chelsea FC in the 2007 UEFA Champions League semi-final and kept seven clean sheets in 12 games as Liverpool finished runners-up to AC Milan.
• Given his international debut against Uruguay in an August 2005 friendly and made one appearance in Spain's UEFA EURO 2008 triumph, but remained on the bench at the 2006 and 2010 FIFA World Cups, picking up a winners' medal in the latter.
• Broke Ray Clemence and Bruce Grobelaar's Liverpool record of 150 clean sheets when he kept goal in a 2-0 League Cup quarter-final victory against Chelsea FC on 29 November 2011.
• Kept goal in both domestic cup finals in 2011/12, helping Liverpool to a penalty shoot-out victory against Cardiff City FC in the League Cup showpiece; remained on the bench for Spain's historic UEFA EURO 2012 triumph.
• Opted to join former Liverpool boss Rafael Benítez in Italy at the start of the 2013/14 season when the Spaniard took over at Napoli, and immediately became first choice. Became the first man to prevent Mario Balotelli scoring from the penalty spot in his fourth league game for the club.
UEFA European Championship: winner 2008, 2012
UEFA Champions League: runner-up 2007
UEFA Super Cup: winner 2005
UEFA European Under-16 Championship: winner 1999
©UEFA.com 1998-2015. All rights reserved.
|UEFA Champions League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Intertoto Cup|